Individual Therapy for Anxiety
Does your child experience excessive worry or anxiety? Does your child struggle with emotion regulation and/or social skills? Are these difficulties interfering with your child’s academic performance or his/her ability to participate in social activities or spend time with friends? We can help!
The Psychoeducational Clinic at NC State now offers individual therapy for children (ages 7-13) struggling to manage symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, or separation anxiety. We also offer therapy focusing on social skills and emotion regulation. During sessions, your child will learn to:
- Label emotions and identify anxiety “triggers”
- Counteract negative thoughts with positive self-talk
- Develop appropriate coping strategies
- Feel confident in his/her ability to handle feelings of anxiety
- Develop appropriate skills for emotion regulation
- Learn explicit social skills, social problem solving and proactive communication strategies
- Learn strategies for controlling one's behavior, emotions, and thoughts in the pursuit of long-term goals.
For more information, please contact the Psychoeducational Clinic at 919-515-1713 or email@example.com.