Seonghee (Sophia) Cho
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-513-4072
- Address: Poe Hall 732C, Box 7650
Raleigh, NC 27695
Dr. Seonghee (Sophia) Cho, Assistant Professor, joined the faculty in Fall 2017. She received her B.A. in Psychology from the Sogang University, Korea (2011), and her M.A. and Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (2016). Prior to coming to NCSU, Dr. Cho served as a postdoctoral research associate at the National Center for Professional & Research Ethics in Illinois and took part in leadership training for the faculty administrators at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Teaching and Research Interests
My research focuses on three topics in Occupational Health Psychology (OHP): (1) work-nonwork interface, (2) health-related behavior, (3) recovery and performance. The overarching purpose of my research is to promote employee well-being (e.g., recovery, safety) and productivity (e.g., engagement, OCB, withdrawal) both in professional and personal domains. More recent/ongoing studies investigate newly introduced work stressors (e.g., technostress) and recovery processes (e.g., microbreaks, leisure) in the modern work environment. Across different projects, I enjoy taking various methodological approaches from psychometrics (CTT and IRT) to longitudinal analyses (multilevel or/and SEM approach).
Cho, S., & Park, Y. (2018). How to benefit from weekend physical activities: Moderating roles of psychological recovery experiences and sleep. Stress and Health, 34(5), 639-648.
Cho, S., Drasgow, F., & Cao, M. (2015). An investigation of emotional intelligence measures using item response theory. Psychological Assessment, 27(4), 1241.
Cao, M., Drasgow, F., & Cho, S. (2015). Developing ideal intermediate personality items for the ideal point model. Organizational Research Methods, 18(2), 252-275.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016
- M.A. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- B.A. in Psychology from Sogang University, 2011
- PSY 230 - 002Introduction to Psychological Research08:30 - 09:45 M W451 Riddick Hall
- PSY 499 - 010Individual Study in PsychologyTBA
- PSY 766 - 001Personnel Selection Research01:30 - 04:15 M724 Poe Hall