Dr. Denis O. Gray
- Psychology in the Public Interest
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919.515.1721
topics in technology and innovation: industry-university interaction, technology transfer, technology and society; topics in community psychology: employment needs of older people, technology and the elderly, various social problem areas; methodological interests: field research, field experiments, and program evaluation
- Gray, D.O. (in press). Making team science better: Applying improvement-oriented evaluation principles to the evaluation of cooperative research centers. New Directions for Evaluation.
- Toker, U. & Gray, D.O. (in press). Innovation spaces: Workspace planning and innovation in U.S. university research centers. Research Policy.
- Steenhuis, H.J. & Gray, D.O. (2007). The university as the engine of growth: An analysis of how universities can contribute to the economy. International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation.
- Steenhuis, H.J. & Gray, D.O. (2006). Cooperative research and technology dynamics: the role of research strategy development in NSF Science and Technology Centres. International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation.
- Steenhuis, H. & Gray, D.O. (2005). Strategic decision making in public funded innovative organizations: An exploratory study. International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation, 4, 127-146.
- Gray, D.O. & Steenhuis, H. (2003). Quantifying the benefits of participating in an industry university research center: An examination of research cost avoidance. Scientometrics, 58, 281-300.
- Gray, D.O., Jakes, S., Emshoff, J. & Blakely, C. (2003). Dissemination and community psychology: A case of partial implementation? Special Issues on Experimental Social Innovation and Dissemination. American Journal of Community Psychology. 32(4), 359-370.
- Emshoff, J., Blakely, Gray, D. Jakes, S. Brounstein, P. & Coulter, J. (2003). An ESID case study at the Federal level. Special Issues on Experimental Social Innovation and Dissemination. American Journal of Community Psychology. 32(4), 345-358.
- Gray, D.O., Rudolph, J. and Lindblad, M. (2001). Industry-University research centers: A multivariate analysis of member retention. Journal of Technology Transfer, 26, 247-254.
- Behrens, T. & Gray, D.O. (in press). Unintended consequences of cooperative research: Impact of industry sponsorship on climate for academic freedom and other graduate student outcomes. Research Policy.
- Tornatzky, L.G., Lovelace, K., Gray, D.O., & Geisler, E. (1999). Promoting the success of Industry/University research centers: The role of leadership. Industry & Higher Education, 13, 101-111.
- Gray, D.O., & Walters, S.G.. (Eds.) (1998). Managing the industry-university cooperative research center: A guide for directors and other stakeholders. Columbus, OH: Battelle Press.
- Tornatzky, L.G., Gray, D.O., Tarrant, S. & Howe, J. (1998). Where have all the students gone? Interstate migration of recent science and engineering graduates. Research Triangle Park, NC: Southern Technology Council.
- Tornatzky, L.G., Gray, D.O., Tarant, S. & Howe, J. (1998). Maine's science and engineering brain drain: How much and why? Maine Policy Review, 7, 44-49.